Re: MC12000 - Windows 10

Joan Welsh <jlwelsh22@...>

Thank you so much for the info.  I heard Windows 10 was easier than 8.  I'm just nervous about upgrading my machine.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2015, at 12:40 PM, juliadlf1 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Joan: Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
I would suggest you update your 12000 to the latest version before doing anything at this point. Jim had posted some instructions here on the forum because some individuals were having issues but mine went smoothly if you follow exactly as the instructions say. You could also have your dealer do the update if your a bit shy of doing it yourself. I went from 1 to 1.2 with Windows 8.1 and then upgraded to Windows 10 back in July. No issues at all.

There is a program with Windows 10 which will check all your software to be sure it is compatible with 10. I love 10. Can not figure out why every one is so scared of it.  Just remember when installing 10, do not do the default install. Pick which features are to be turned on or off.

Great reading on the Microsoft site regarding installing Windows 10.

Good luck.
Julia