Re: Floriani Thread

lynnschieber@...

In the ongoing discussion of thread shredding - A friend of mine told me to very lightly spray a tine bit of silicone spray down the thread spool.  This is very unorthodox but has ended all of my thread issues.  This and using only top stitch needles.  I always use the silicone spray sparingly and not in my sewing room.

I let the silicone dry completely before threading and have not had any more issues.  My machines are fine, no residue.  I can use any thread I want and I only use this when a spool is giving me trouble.  I always use this with metallics.

As I said, this is unorthodox but it does work.