Re: Hooping Tip Video

Anne Parker

Ceil

Thanks for the link, but that is way overboard and really the sort of thing I plan to try just with hooping a permanent stablizer as a frame for basting to the hoop.

Does anyone use the system shown in the link?  I don't like the idea of sticking or gluing things permanently and I don't like the idea of using glue on fabric.

The idea seems to waste fabric, use glue, an iron and her specific backing fabric - all increasing the cost of an already expensive hobby.  She also contradicts herself at several points in the video.

One idea that did occur to me while watching though was to use a couple of hand clamps (which we have in the garage anyway!) to assist with holding either end of the hoop! Will have to give that a try! :0)

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance". Anon