Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:52 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: thread holder

Well, maybe. Getting longer screws is easy enough. Just hit Home Depot or Lowes in the metric screw section and match what you have. I don't have an 11000 to check, so I don't know whether the spacing on the thread stand is the same as the 12000. That's important. As for the screws that are there, they are intended for the 12000 thread stand and go into the machine "skeleton". The trick is to have screws that are long enough to hold the stand, but not so long that they go too far and snag wiring or other parts. After what you've spent to get the machine, I'm not sure it's worth risking messing up the machine for the $100 or so cost of the thread stand.