Re: Loose thread loops on top and bottom of embroidery

Bonnie McLain

Why would titanium needles hurt the machine?   I use them all the time.  To me breaking a needle is awful on your machine...  Never break one....

Bonnie

Jim's Titanic reply:
We sold them in the store, but had a lot of damaged machines. They last longer than other needles, which caused people to use them longer, past the point of dullness. Being less likely to break, if the needle failed to penetrate all the layers and got deflected into the hook race it would do a LOT of damage. In some cases chunks were taken out of the race, requiring replacement. I spent far more hours than I wanted polishing and replacing to the point that we just quit carrying them.