Help adjusting the tension

Sharff <sharff@...>

Hi,
I have a 12000.  When I was embroidering a design I saw that the bobbin thread was being pulled up in spots (especially narrow lines of satin stitch).  I thought I would adjust the tension so that the bobbin thread would be more "tense" and pull the top thread down a bit. I went to the screen that has the tension setting. There is a (-) on the left and a (+) sign on the right. But I don't understand which way I should go to reset the bobbin tension.

Help.

Linda in Houston

Feeling tense, Jim says:
Use the + to make the needle thread pull harder, - to make it pull less. In your case you should use the minus, though I would suggest trying the yellow dot bobbin case first, if you've not already done that.