New question about needles

Gail

Ok, I'm confused between the different Janome needles.  Is the red tip needle for regular sewing like piecing, the blue tip for knits and the purple for free motion and embroidery?  I just brought my 3160 for service and the tech said I should be using Janome needles.  I've can by the cobra head Organ Stretch needles on Discount Embroidery Supplies website, but want to be sure which one is which.  They have both sharps and ball point in size 90 and also in size 75.  They sell them with quantity discounts but 10 needles are $4.80 and 100 are 28.08.  Here is the website if anyone was willing to take a look.

Login : Best Machine Embroidery Supplies from Discount Embroidery Supply ®

Thanks

Gail