Skipped Stitches

Gail

I have been trying to do some free motion quilting today and I'm really struggling with skipped stitches.  I am using the Free quilting mode with the open toe free motion foot.  I have Aurifil in the top and bottom line in the bobbin.   I have tried rethreading, switched to Blue dot bobbin holder and straight stitch plate.  I am using a siz 80 Superior top stitch needle and I am about to switch to a 90.  Any other suggestions?

Gail in FL

Jim says:

Janome invented the purple tip needle specifically for this problem. If your dealer doesn't have them you can order them online from a number of dealers.