tension

songnbird

Recently purchased a design (Love Birds in multiple formats) and the bobbin thread is being pulled to the top. I know righty - tighty, but when it comes to tension, I'm at a loss. I manually adjusted the tension lower, but got birds nests - more like rat's nests. Help me please; it's a lovely design, but it's giving me fits!
Linda near Buffalo, NY

Noting that Love Birds are inclined to build nests this time of year, Jim says:

Put in the yellow dot bobbin case, put the needle tension back to default and use a smaller needle. I would suggest size 11, but if you are already using that go to a 9 and use 60wt embroidery thread. This sounds like an overly dense design, so make sure you have adequate stabilizer as well.