Re: Janome Needles

Sherry Martin

Thanks. Before I got my 11000 I had another brand of sewing machine (Begins with a P) that I had nothing but problems with. Mainly with thread breaking when trying to free motion quilt. Everytime I went to the dealer he said there was nothing wrong with the machine, I must be doing something wrong, although I read all kinds of posts on the internet about this particular machine having problems with its take-up lever; and on top of that it was only the machines made in China because some were made in Germany and some in China.

I finally gave up and bought the 11000 and free motion quilting was so wonderful I didn't want to change anything and maybe mess something up so I just kept using the Janome needles. AND I think the 12000 is even better. If using the tshirt icon to set it up, both the back and front of the quilt look wonderful.

The red tip indicates size 14, while blue tips are size 11. They have a universal tip.

Schmetz needles are as good or better than Janome in quality, and there is no reason not to use Schmetz.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@> wrote:

I love the Janome blue and red tip needles. I'm thinking maybe it is because as soon as I got my 1st Janome (the 11000) I started using those needles because they came with the machine; and what I really loved was the machine itself not necessarily the needles. But since then, I pretty much only use Janome needles.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the Janome needles are better than Schmetz needles? I have a whole bunch of them I could use up instead of buying more Janome ones.

Also since the Janome needles are made by Organ, are they equivalent to a certain Organ needle. I know the blue tip is a 12 and the red is a 14 but are they microtex, or embroidery, or universal or something else?

Thx.