Re: Calibrate Hoops and Free Arm Hoop

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

They may not all hit in the exact center of the template hole, but they should all allow the needle to go through the hole. That said, we have discovered that you do, indeed, have to calibrate each hoop separately.

Our free arm hoop FA is also warped, and sits nearly 1/4 above the machine bed. Diane used it extensively putting names on Christmas gifts and it worked fine, even with the bouncing. This is reminiscent of the hoop RE for the 11000. There was a manufacturing problem that resulted in many of them being warped out of the box. It took a while, but Janome did replace the warped ones.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

I decided to calibrate my hoops and when I did so, it looks like I need
to do all of them because when I (carefully) placed each one with the
template on, they all wanted to be at a different spot with the needle
centered on the hole in the template. Please let me know if this is
correct. (A previous message had indicated that you need to calibrate
only one hoop.)
Also, I used the free arm one just once and it bounced up and down
furiously. When I went to class last week another owner's free arm hoop
did not bounce. Mine has a considerable distance between the hoop
bottom and the bed of the machine. Do you think it is warped? Can it
be used only when something is securing it under the free arm? Surely I
can use it for ordinary embroidery, not just for free arm work?
Thanks,Joy