Re: Cloth Setter

threadships

For the cloth setter question, you have completely missed the boat. We all know how to place out fabric IN the hoop and get it centered. Now go try doing the same thing, hooping the stabilizer and applying the fabric on top. We are talking hoopless embroidery. This is frequently required when embroidering a fabric which would be damaged by compressing it in a hoop. The hoop skids all over the table and you have no visible reference marks to tell you where center is. Even a template won't help if you can't line it up in the hoop. The clothsetter solved both problems. Three of my Christmas projects required this type of hooping. It took multiple tries to get the fabric centered close enough to fine tune it with the JOG keys. It was effortless with the clothsetter that I am accustomed to using on my previous Janome machines. A large sheet of skidproof shelfliner on the table helps to stabilize the hoop however.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

For those of you that think you can't center a design without the
clothsetter, I would ask you if you have ever tried lining up your
embroidery by printing out a template and placing that on your project
before lining up in the hoop. It is the same thing as a clothsetter but so
easy and so much less trouble than using a clothsetter.

If Janome does come out with a cloth setter for the 12k machine I won't be
buying it because it's really not necessary, plus, a clothsetter for the 12k
machine would have to be huge and the price to fit that.

If you started with Janome and either an 8000 or 9000 machine back in the
90's there was no other way to line up embroidery other than the clothsetter
because those machines for some reason did not start with the designs
centered. After Janome figured it out and realized with later machines that
having the machine start with the design in the center was important, then a
clothsetter was just an extra accessory that really wasn't necessary.

Julie in TX