Re: Attaching guide bar to the walking foot

Mary E

I had a similar problem with the guide bar for my DC2014. turns out I was not unscrewing the screw on top far enough. You really do have to unscrew it just about all the way for the bar to fit in there
Mary E

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Sue Raabe susies.stitches@... [janome12000] <janome12000@...> wrote:

I wonder if I'm using the wrong foot?  It looks like the one in the video I watched that a member of the group sent as a link., Maybe I have the wrong one  There's another one that looks similar, but smaller.  I'm pretty sure I've used it before, but the hole is just a little small for it to through.  I looked at the left side, and the hole is tiny.  If it had been big enough,  I would just use it on the one side.  I didn't any picture of it on the bottom of the page; maybe I just didn't see it, so I'll look again.  .The Janome video shows it being inserted while the foot is on the machine.  I didn't want to force it and break it.  I finally gave up and drew lines, but that's very tedious and time consuming.  Maybe I should go back to the manual, and check it against the picture of it.  It's not an earth shattering issue, but it would be nice to be able to use it.  If I can't figure it out, I'll take the foot and guide bar to the dealer and have him show me, and then have him watch me doing it.  I know there has to be a simple solution.  It certainly isn't a machine problem!