Thread breaking

Janet

I know I saw a conversation on this but can't find it. On my 12000 I keep getting the message that my thread is broken when it is not. I do notice that the tension is off so I am thinking the auto tension function is not working right. I am using Janome pre-wound bobbins but have tried various options, thread and designs. I am taking it into the dealer for repair but wanted to see if you had any thoughts on why this is happening. Janet

Seldom encumbered by the thought process, Jim says:
This can often be caused by thread debris being caught between the tension disks. Try folding a strip of fabric in half and "flossing" through the tension area (Presser foot UP, LOCK engaged). Then rethread and see if it makes a difference. If not, continue on to the dealer.