Re: My Janome 9700 died. Help!

Sharff <sharff@...>

My Janome 9700, the tech told me, was oozing black grunge (technical term) from the ball bearings into the bushings and drive shaft.  Jim would no doubt understand this problem better than I. It would be hard to get replacement parts since the 9700 is no longer in production. It would be a costly repair and there is no guarantee that it would not get bad again. This information put me off buying another 9700.

I will seriously look into it with the 9900, thanks to your suggestions. I am fortunate to live near a good dealer who hires well trained technicians.

Thank you from Houston,
Linda