Re: New Presser Feet and Thread Stand

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The reason that the embroidery spool holder has multiple pins is so you can line up the colors needed in your project for faster stitching.

You did well to skip the Horizon trolley bag. I've heard through the grapevine that a 12000 rolling case, with extra carry bag for hoops, is coming next month. MSRP will be $299, but as always, your mileage may vary. It will be a thick plastic case, not fabric, so it should be almost like luggage.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I went to my dealer's on Sat. for a 3 hr. group lesson of 12000 purchasers. There were 6 of us. Can you imagine how much money was sitting there? My husband and I joked it was 2 really nice cars. This lesson was about the sewing features on the machine and was a good refresher of the private lesson I got when I purchased the machine.

Anyway, they had the thread stand made specifically for the 12000. It screws onto the back of the machine and holds 6 spools. It has a little thread guide that goes into the extra hole on the front. They were charging about $32 for it. I bought it but actually may return it because I have a stand that holds 1 spool that I had with a Pfaff machine and it works perfectly on the front extra spool hole. I don't like having to get up and down constantly to see the spools and rethread. I never could figure out why you would need a holder that holds 6 spools when you can only use one color at once. Is there something I'm missing?

I also purchased the ditch stitch foot for the dual feed presser foot and the piping foot. She had about 5 other presser feet and I can't remember what they all were. I know a couple were for rolled hems.

They were also selling the Horizon roller bag which can be used with the 12000. The dealer offered it at 1/2 price so they were flying out the door. I didn't buy one because I'm not planning on ever taking my machine anywhere except for one more group lesson next week which will be about the embroidery module.