Re: suggestion for Janome: metal hopping foot

cas@...

I wish there was a picture of it.  I may just cut an opening in the front of my PD-H foot for better visibility.  The metal ones I’ve seen are shaped like that.
Cas

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] suggestion for Janome: metal hopping foot

Jim are you saying that foot is ok for the 15000?

The info here - http://www.j-shop.co.uk/product/393/convertiblefreemotionquiltfootsetqbsnotsuitableformc12000mc15000 - says it isn't though if I wanted to use one I would try it out anyway.

I tried the static QO foot out properly today and just love it - much prefer that or a rocking foot to a hopping foot.  They make your eyes go funny - or a least they do mine, and seem to make me tense, rather than relaxed, with all that movement.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.  "Desiderata" Max Ehrmann

Jim's reply:
We have used that foot on both the 12000 and the 15000. It's possible that they say it's not compatible because of the automatic height adjust feature on the 12000 and 15000. But the foot does work.