Narrow Dual Feed Foot

Sherry Martin

Yesterday I was sewing together some patchwork and the patchwork included some applique. The satin stitches on the applique were close to the edge of the fabric and I needed a narrow presser foot to sew the pieces together because the satin stitches were pushing the stitches out of line. I found that I could use the narrow dual feed foot with the needle in the center position and when I lined the fabric up at the edge of the foot it made a perfect 1/4" seam.

So another use for the dual feed foot. I wouldn't use it all the time for patchwork because the fabric doesn't cover the right-hand feed dogs, but for when I needed a narrow foot it worked great.