Re: New to group

Alison Wheelock

Hi Jean,

I'm Alison from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and although I've heard of Jim and had subscribed to a newsletter he put out years ago, I've never met him, but I literally thank God for his wisdom that he is so willing to share! I'm also new to the group. I just got my 12000 a week ago yesterday, but had to wait three day to even open the box due to work and personal committments! But it is wonderful.

Don't be worried that you're a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I am too, as my last embroidery machine was the 10000 and I bought that 10 years ago--no upgrades since then. So I have a lot to learn, too. We'll learn together.

I'd suggest you just find a design you think is pretty and grab a piece of scrap material like a cotton, figure out how to stabilize it, and embroider your first design. You'll be thrilled watching the machine stitch away. Don't think you have to do something grandiose the first time--just get used to hooping and using a stabilizer. You can always embroider a shirt or a pillow later--now you just need to get used to the baiscs of embroidery, which is choosing a stablizer, putting fabric in the hoop, and going through the steps of embroidery. And don't worry that a question may be stupid. None are. Just ask away, and everyone is always willing to help. Us embroiderers love each other!

Hugs from Texas,
Alison

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "weejean66" <weejean66@...> wrote:

Hi, I am Jean and very excited to have joined this group! I am upgrading from the 7700 to the 12000. I am quite nervous as I have never had an embroidery machine and I have no idea what I will do with it!

Jean (Scotland)