Re: Clear adhesive we have to put on the left side of needle plate

janetpiekarski

Just a reminder to all of you who want to put that plastic "stuff" over the bed of your machine, when you do free motion it will create drag. So if you do a lot of free motion stitching, this might not be the best idea.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "sharon.hedt" <shedt@...> wrote:

Have just cut down a spare iPad cover to 8.5cm x 21 cm - the size of the metal plate on the right side of the needle and even though it's a static cling ( I think) and it has adhered quite well. Couple of small air bubbles but I'm not worried about that....also maybe not quite as slippery as the little piece of clear adhesive we got with our machine..
Edges seem to be pretty flat and didn't lift when I ran my hand over it..so will leave it there and trial it.
Hope this helps
Sharon

Oh and I can get 2 protectors for the machine from one iPad screen protector sheet!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

I'm sure you could cut that down to fit. Many of the screen protectors use a "static cling" effect to hold them on the screen, which would not work on the surface of the machine. Sticky plastics, like the ruler things mentioned, would stay on but will leave a mess when removed. Also sticky edges tend to collect thread and lint, leaving furry edges.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "sharon.hedt" <shedt@> wrote:

Hi Kris
How about the screen protectors used for iPads? I am at work at present (nurse on night duty) but I suspect that it would work...and when scratched would be easily replaced!
Cheers
Sharon - also from Aus!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "kkrissyb" <krissy.b@> wrote
I was wondering if it is possible to get more of that clear adhesive that came with the machine to protect the metal from the hoop. I do a lot of sewing and use a lot of pins and I can see scratches on the steel plate on the right side of the needle plate already :(

I would like to get some more protective adhesive to cover this side of the plate also

Kris in Aus who loves her 12000