Changing machine speed

Kay Davis

I was stitching out a design from a USB stick this evening on my new 12000.  I couldn't change the stitching speed.   It was set on 400 spm and I wanted to increase it.  The plus and minus signs in the embroidery setting area for changing the speed were grayed out.  I stopped the machine, selected a built in design to see if that made a difference, but had the same results.  I also tried the slider bar on the front of the machine.  Again, no change in speed.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  TIA, Kay