From: "Mary My-Stitches@... [janome12000]"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 11:28:45 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Buttonhole Woes

I have liked the sound of that stabilizer plate.  But can I get that (and perhaps the associated buttonhole foot) and have it fit the 11000. Or am I going to have to buy the 15000 just to make buttonholes?  I hear what you are saying about fabric but I make a LOT of wool shirts for DH and this particular one is a lovely Pendleton or fine English woolen. Not that thick, smooth, very nice fabric. I would expect it all to be perfect. And I've had the same troubles with cotton broadcloth and such.

Mary

Killing a 15000 sale, Jim says:
While I would never discourage anyone from owning a 15000, you can save a few dollars by just buying the stabilizer plate itself. The part number is 200428004. It's made to work with buttonhole foot R that has a hollowed out place on the bottom of the side that the sensor lowers into. If your R foot is solid there you will also need to replace that. You might also need to put a piece of water soluble stabilizer on top. That can keep the stitches of the buttonhole from sinking into the fabric.