Re: drum roll please :)

meowmie <meowmie@...>

I agree with Jim - I had a bad experience with paypal - out both the item and the money because the other person lied.
Any important items - don't do paypal. Even months later they will take back funds - all because the buyer tells them a story.

Jen

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2012 1:14 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: drum roll please :)

Wow, two posts in a row mentioning PayPal - however this one is on topic, and not an ad. When someone pays for a purchase using a PayPal account the funds are available to the recipient immediately. If they use eCheck then PayPal will not allow access to the funds until the check has cleared, typically 3-4 business days.

I'm not sure what the "$500.00 a month" refers to. Are you selling the machine on a monthly payment plan? I really don't think that's a good idea. I also would not recommend PayPal for large purposes, even though I've been using it for years. They can be very arbitrary about things. Three times last year they froze $4 payments to me because of "possible fraud." In every case the order was legitimate and not fraudulent, so I honored the sale. In every case PayPal decided to refund the money and I did not get paid. Even worse is what happened to a young lady who sold a violin on eBay with PayPal (owned by eBay) payment. The buyer decided he didn't want it. She asked him to ship it back, and offered to pay for it. He contacted PayPal to cancel the sale. They said they could only do that if he provided proof it was damaged, so he smashed it to bits and sent them the picture. The seller is now out both her violin and $2,000. It used to be a good service, but lately PayPal is becoming more and more hostile to sellers.

--- In janome12000@..., "seamgood" wrote:
>
> Well Ladies and Gentlemen,
> I believe I sold my 11000 SE...soooo, I will call my dealer tomorrow...he is closed today!! and order my 12000. Hopefully, he has it in stock. At least he did two weeks ago, just waiting for me. I am just praying that the lady buying my machine goes through with it. I spoke with her on the phone and she sounds lovely and sincere. She is supposed to be sending the bank check out today and when it clears, I will ship the machine.
> Does anyone know how pay pal works with a large sale? I'm only used to doing small money sales and don't know if pay pal will only release the aloted $500.00 a month till I collect the whole amount. The gal buying asked me to do pay pal, but I told her I wasn't sure how it worked with a larger sum of money. Any guidance? Should I just stick to the bank check and wait for clearance?
> Oh, I know I'll have some questions once my machine gets here, but in the meantime, I'm reading everything I can in the files and all the digests. What a wonderful group this is! Thank you so much!
> Gloria in MA
>

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.