From: Jim_Stutsman
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2012 1:14 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: drum roll please :)

Wow, two posts in a row mentioning PayPal - however this one is on topic, and not an ad. When someone pays for a purchase using a PayPal account the funds are available to the recipient immediately. If they use eCheck then PayPal will not allow access to the funds until the check has cleared, typically 3-4 business days.

I'm not sure what the "$500.00 a month" refers to. Are you selling the machine on a monthly payment plan? I really don't think that's a good idea. I also would not recommend PayPal for large purposes, even though I've been using it for years. They can be very arbitrary about things. Three times last year they froze $4 payments to me because of "possible fraud." In every case the order was legitimate and not fraudulent, so I honored the sale. In every case PayPal decided to refund the money and I did not get paid. Even worse is what happened to a young lady who sold a violin on eBay with PayPal (owned by eBay) payment. The buyer decided he didn't want it. She asked him to ship it back, and offered to pay for it. He contacted PayPal to cancel the sale. They said they could only do that if he provided proof it was damaged, so he smashed it to bits and sent them the picture. The seller is now out both her violin and $2,000. It used to be a good service, but lately PayPal is becoming more and more hostile to sellers.