Re: needle left position

Maria Boyle

Hi Vicki

I googled and all I could find was that the Horizon 12000 has 91 needle positions. I got this machine in November, but haven't done any sewing on it yet, Just embroidery. I would think that there is a way to move the needle over. Good question.

I will look at my machine's manual when I get a chance, cause I am curious too. I can't imagine that it wouldn't have that option.

MarĂ­a

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:10 PM, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@cox.net> wrote:

I was working on a project this morning which I needed to have my foot
to the right of the fabric & stitching to the far left--zigzag or satin
stitch. Basically, I am working on a clock with a foam core center. (
I had to work counter clockwise because of the clock's diameter). I had
about 3/8" to 1/2" fabric around the circumference that I wanted to
finish the edges on. But the foot's left toe along with the middle
zigzag needle position wouldn't let me work close enough to the foam
core ( because of its height). Right now I'm hand - stitching the edge.
Probably I've overlooked something obvious as to which stitch & foot to
use because I'm new to Janome. Guess I was spoiled by Viking with being
able to set needle positions. Any ideas?

--
Vicki Jo