Re: Getting designs from a jump drive

HEATHER COWAN

Lisa .. Don't get discouraged.  You have a great machine and the learning curve is manageable.  I've just had my 15K for a few weeks and still puttering through but each time I do something it gets easier.  There is so much it can do and so much to learn.  It is a bit like building blocks .... each skill is the foundation for another.   Once you find those pesky designs you'll be off and running.  I know I had a little adjustment from my Janome MB4 to the 15K .... similar but a bit different. 

This group is great because someone will have an answer for any questions you have ..... or ...it seems that Jim will find an answer.  No buyers remorse allowed ...... use that energy to embrace the challenge of mastering this amazing sew/embroidery machine.... I know you are going to love it.

hugs

heather   

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:05:54 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Getting designs from a jump drive

I'm new to the group, so I apologize if this has been addressed recently. I just bought a 12000, and I also have a 350E that I love. I can't get the 12000 to read a jump drive. I was hopeful it would use the same one I use for my 350E, but that's not working and I'm okay with that. I bought a new one, loaded on a design, and my machine tells me there's nothing on it. I have buyer's remorse so bad right now, you don't even know!! Is there just something I'm not doing right??

Thanks!

Lisa

Waving his remorse-removal wand, Jim says:

You didn't say what procedure you were using to put your designs in the USB drive, but I can make some general suggestions. On the 350E designs are stored in folders within the EmbF5 folder. When you put the 350E USB drive in the 12000 it creates its preferred folder EMB and within that EmbF. That's why you don't see your designs. Use the arrow at the bottom of the screen to move up a folder and open EmbF5. Then you'll see the folders that are on the drive and you can open them.

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.