Re: I got my machine!

Cheryl Paul

Hi,
Congratulations! You will love it!
Yes, you will want to try to get a service person closer that 5 1/2 hours. I'm so lucky because our city is small and I am about 20 minutes away when there is some traffic only 3 traffic lights and 2 of them are just to get out of my neighbourhood to the freeway. However, those of you who are a long ways away do probably shop in those cities at various times in the year. If I were you I'd make arrangements before I go to have a service done on the machine when you go and the machine is due. For 26 years I lived in the northern part of Saskatchewan and had a 4 hour trek to Saskatoon to have my machine serviced. Thankfully it was a work horse and I never had a problem with it - just maintenance. Oh, I forgot, my little boy (almost 40 now) decided it needed some oil and oiled it in places I wouldn't have thought of - then it needed a look at. Fortunately there was no harm done that was costly.

Got to run to the dentist. Grrrrrr

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maria Boyle <maruka1@...> wrote:

Don't believe the hype, Judy drove 1 1/2 hr to my place and I drive 4 1/2!
LOL
the gig is up
María

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 3, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Judy <judyjanome@...> wrote:
I drove 5 1/2 hours each way in nov to get mine. I am just thinking hope I can find a way to get it serviced closer when it needs it. Oh well. Judyjanome

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2012, at 6:47 AM, "sharon.hedt" <shedt@...> wrote:

Drove 2.5 hours each way today to pick up my new MC12000. Have unpacked the box and done a small test sew - Wow! Even my DH was amazed at how quiet and smooth the machine is!
Can't wait till tomorrow to test out the embroidery!
Cheers Sharon in Oz