Re: Horizon Link Upgrade

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Andrea you have met the arrogance that is Microsoft. They have chosen "msp" file type for the Microsoft Installer, without regard to the fact that it already was assigned to Paint Shop Pro. However you can get past that. Instead of double clicking on the download file, RIGHT click on it and choose "Open with" from the pop-up menu. When you get the list of programs, choose the Microsoft Installer. If it's not in the list you may have to search for it.

It's unfortunate that Janome has chosen this strange way of doing an update. Other people with Paint Shop Pro will likely have the same problem. It's also a little odd to have to do a "repair" to install an update.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <lscsew@...> wrote:

I have downloaded the upgrade multiple times from 2 different Mac computers. The download comes through as hlink101.msp but "Kind" is Paint Shop Pro 5. On the MacBook Pro (10.6.8) running with VMWare Fusion (2.05) I actually have Paint Shop Pro 5 and when I open the hink101 is tries to open using Paint Shop.

I also downloaded the upgrade to an I Mac, then onto a thumb drive, which I placed in the MacBook Pro and that still wants to open as an image in Paint Shop. Is there a way that I can change the extension to an .exe or whatever it should be? This is the first download I've ever had a problem with.

Andrea