Re: hoop storage?

Nicole Schmidt-Nutt

Please post picture and pattern.  This sounds like it might be really good to do and I am interested in it.

Thanks,
Nicole
MI

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:42 AM, "Lou Ann Bush louannbush@... [janome12000]" wrote:

I embroidered a piece of fabric I had in my stash with a pretty floral heart design (I believe it was from the Janome 12000 group of designs) and then embroidered other pieces with the names of the hoop and the stitching area (so I wouldn't have to keep looking up sizing information...memory is terrible)- I even embroidered one for a future 5 x 7 hoop -  and then stitched them together in a layered "envelope" complete with a flap (the piece with the heart) and hung it from a couple of hooks on my sewing room wall.  I had made a "tunnel" of fabric on the top back in order for a rod to go through which is what actually hangs on the hooks and supports the envelope.  I was going to take a picture but the camera battery was dead!  Also, the embroidery is terribly puckered (not a good advertisement for the design) but was my fault because.....if you use buckram as a stiffener and use dissolve away stabilizer and get it wet to remove the stabilizer, the BUCKRAM SHRINKS.  Oh well.