From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Przybylek
Sent: Friday, July 2, 2021 6:18 PM
To: office-accessibility@groups.io
Subject: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Hi all,

Is there a way to find out the total number of email messages in the current folder?  In previous releases of MS Office, this value was at the bottom of the screen as well as the number of unread messages.  I’m no longer able to find this information in Outlook 2013.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Negoslav Sabev

Strangely it does not inform me of number of messages. My window is maximized, and I get “filter, filter applied”. I go to the status bar, press enter on filter, and there is nothing that serves as a filter. I press OK button, and it stays the same.

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2021. Press Encert+page down. This is in Outlook 365. JAWS tells me the number of messages in the folder as well as the number that are unread.

Lori Lynn

Is there a way to find out the total number of email messages in the current folder?  In previous releases of MS Office, this value was at the bottom of the screen as well as the number of unread messages.  I’m no longer able to find this information in Outlook 2013.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Edward Przybylek

Hi,

That’s exactly what I’m encountering and the reason I wrote to the list.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Strangely it does not inform me of number of messages. My window is maximized, and I get “filter, filter applied”. I go to the status bar, press enter on filter, and there is nothing that serves as a filter. I press OK button, and it stays the same.

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2021. Press Encert+page down. This is in Outlook 365. JAWS tells me the number of messages in the folder as well as the number that are unread.

Lori Lynn

Is there a way to find out the total number of email messages in the current folder?  In previous releases of MS Office, this value was at the bottom of the screen as well as the number of unread messages.  I’m no longer able to find this information in Outlook 2013.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

LU OGBE

I think if you keep tabbing on that filter window, there’s something like a ‘Clear filter’ button after or before the OK button. Press Enter on that & then go to OK & press enter. That should get rid of the filter & show the message count. Sorry I haven’t had this in a while so can’t remember the exact steps. HTH.

Regards,

LU

[...]

LU, you are the hero of the day. Again, you are right. The button in outlook 365 is called “clear all”, But here’s the catch. There are more than one category organized in tabs. So, the most secure way is to tab to the tab list, go to next or previous tab, shift tab once to reach clear all button and press it. Repeat the procedure for all tabs. Don’t forget to press ok button at the end. Now I can see the number messages, and the filter indicator is gone from my status bar.

Negoslav Sabev