[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Don Mauck <don.mauck@...>

Hi Susan, there was at one time, not too long ago, a button that would “apply to all vies,” but for some reason I don’t find it. I’ll keep looking unless someone finds it before I do. The point being there should be away.

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Susan Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 3:07 PM
To: office-accessibility@groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Hi all,

I’m glad my instructions for getting message counts to show on the status line worked for people, now I’d love it if somebody could tell me a way to do it once for all folders! I have quite a number of folders.

That did not jump out at me.

Regards

Susan

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Przybylek
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Hi Susan,

You’re my new hero!  I’m not using Office 365 but I’m using Office 2013 and Jaws 2021.  I followed your instructions and everything is back to what I was seeing in Outlook 2010 before upgrading to Office 2013.  My message count and unread message count again appear at the bottom of my screen.  Thank you.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

From: office-accessibility@groups.io [mailto:office-accessibility@groups.io] On Behalf Of Susan Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 5:31 AM

Hi all, this status line and message count has driven me nuts since I went to Outlook 365 and Gmail.

Thanks to all for getting me to the point all-be-it I thought I was quite confused but did a lot of fiddling and can now list the sequence of steps which I have done reliably several times on a number of folders now.

So here it is:

**note I’m using Outlook 365 with JAWS 2021.

Press Alt View for the View Tab;

Press right arrow - to get to the view settings button and press space;

Press tab to get to the filter button and press space ;

Press shift-tab to get to the clear all button and press space;

Pres shift-tab to get to the OK button and press space; and again

Pres shift-tab to get to the OK button and press space.

Now the status line should say "items in view [x] unread items [X]; connectivity to your server; connected

Hope that is useful to somebody in this step by step version of the solution.

Regards

Susan

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of LU OGBE
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 10:36 AM

I think if you keep tabbing on that filter window, there’s something like a ‘Clear filter’ button after or before the OK button. Press Enter on that & then go to OK & press enter. That should get rid of the filter & show the message count. Sorry I haven’t had this in a while so can’t remember the exact steps. HTH.

Regards,

LU

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Przybylek
Sent: 06 July 2021 20:20

Hi,

That’s exactly what I’m encountering and the reason I wrote to the list.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

From: office-accessibility@groups.io [mailto:office-accessibility@groups.io] On Behalf Of Negoslav Sabev
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 12:35 PM

Strangely it does not inform me of number of messages. My window is maximized, and I get “filter, filter applied”. I go to the status bar, press enter on filter, and there is nothing that serves as a filter. I press OK button, and it stays the same.

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lori Lynn
Sent: Saturday, July 3, 2021 2:54 AM

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2021. Press Encert+page down. This is in Outlook 365. JAWS tells me the number of messages in the folder as well as the number that are unread.

Lori Lynn

Sent: Friday, July 2, 2021 6:18 PM
Subject: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Hi all,

Is there a way to find out the total number of email messages in the current folder?  In previous releases of MS Office, this value was at the bottom of the screen as well as the number of unread messages.  I’m no longer able to find this information in Outlook 2013.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Ben Moxey

Hi Susan

In Outlook 365:

1. Go to the View ribbon and press Enter on “Change View”.
  2. Tab to “Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders...”.
  3. Select your mail box and ensure you choose to apply to sub folders.

All the best!

Ben

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Thursday, 8 July 2021 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

Hi Susan, there was at one time, not too long ago, a button that would “apply to all vies,” but for some reason I don’t find it. I’ll keep looking unless someone finds it before I do. The point being there should be away.

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Susan Thompson

Hi all,

I’m glad my instructions for getting message counts to show on the status line worked for people, now I’d love it if somebody could tell me a way to do it once for all folders! I have quite a number of folders.

Regards

Susan

Hi Susan,

You’re my new hero!  I’m not using Office 365 but I’m using Office 2013 and Jaws 2021.  I followed your instructions and everything is back to what I was seeing in Outlook 2010 before upgrading to Office 2013.  My message count and unread message count again appear at the bottom of my screen.  Thank you.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

From: office-accessibility@groups.io [mailto:office-accessibility@groups.io] On Behalf Of Susan Thompson

Hi all, this status line and message count has driven me nuts since I went to Outlook 365 and Gmail.

Thanks to all for getting me to the point all-be-it I thought I was quite confused but did a lot of fiddling and can now list the sequence of steps which I have done reliably several times on a number of folders now.

So here it is:

Now the status line should say "items in view [x] unread items [X]; connectivity to your server; connected

Regards

Susan

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of LU OGBE

I think if you keep tabbing on that filter window, there’s something like a ‘Clear filter’ button after or before the OK button. Press Enter on that & then go to OK & press enter. That should get rid of the filter & show the message count. Sorry I haven’t had this in a while so can’t remember the exact steps. HTH.

Regards,

LU

Hi,

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

From: office-accessibility@groups.io [mailto:office-accessibility@groups.io] On Behalf Of Negoslav Sabev

Strangely it does not inform me of number of messages. My window is maximized, and I get “filter, filter applied”. I go to the status bar, press enter on filter, and there is nothing that serves as a filter. I press OK button, and it stays the same.

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lori Lynn

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2021. Press Encert+page down. This is in Outlook 365. JAWS tells me the number of messages in the folder as well as the number that are unread.

Lori Lynn

Hi all,

Is there a way to find out the total number of email messages in the current folder?  In previous releases of MS Office, this value was at the bottom of the screen as well as the number of unread messages.  I’m no longer able to find this information in Outlook 2013.  As always, any help is greatly appreciated.  Stay well.

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Susan Thompson

Thanks Ben,

I’ve now combined my instructions with yours and here it is all together.

-----Begin instructions-----

How to show count of read and un read messages on the status line and apply to all folders

This is with Outlook 365 using JAWS 2021.

1. Press Alt-V for the View Tab

2. Press Tab - to get to the 'view settings' button and press space;

3. Press tab to get to the filter button and press space ;

4. Press shift-tab to get to the 'Clear all' button and press space;

5.Pres shift-tab to get to the OK button and press space; and again

6. Pres shift-tab to get to the OK button and press space.

To set this to apply to all folders

1. Press Alt-V for the View Tab;

2. Tab to 'Change View'   and press enter;

3.Shift-tab to 'apply current view to other mail folders' and press enter;

4.In the resulting folder tree view navigate to the top level folder you want (which in my case is the name of my Gmail account folder) and ensure it is checked (using space to toggle);

5. Tab to 'Apply view to subfolders' and again ensure it is checked using space to toggle; and

6. Tab to the OK button and press space.

-----End instructions-----

Regards

Susan

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ben Moxey
Sent: Thursday, July 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Hi Susan

In Outlook 365:

1. Go to the View ribbon and press Enter on “Change View”.
  2. Tab to “Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders...”.
  3. Select your mail box and ensure you choose to apply to sub folders.

All the best!

Ben

From: office-accessibility@groups.io <office-accessibility@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Thursday, 8 July 2021 7:16 AM

Hi all,

Regards

Susan

Hi Susan,

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

So here it is:

Regards

Susan

Regards,

LU

Hi,

Take care,

Ed Przybylek

Lori Lynn

Hi all,

Take care,

Ed Przybylek