Topics

Zeus SDR Software

Reto HB9TRT

Hi

I tried today the Zeus Software with Odyssey-2. It should be compatible, but I cat't start it I allways get "Device not found. Please check Ethernet connection.

I also ask Yan Alexeenko and he gave me the hint to start Zeus with the following parameters:

ZeusRadio.exe odyssey ip=192.168.2.160 control=Control_PortNUmber rx=RX_PortNUmber tx=TX_Portnumber

Which Ports uses the Odyssey 2?

Control_PortNumber: ?
RX_PortNumber: ?
TX_PortNumber: ?

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto
Zeus Radio is compartable with Odyssey-1.
If you want to use Ody-2, select old firmware AOP 100 Mbit and use Hermes settings in Zeus Radio.

David Turner

Hi Reto

Have you tried SparkSDR software. good for digi modes.

Dave.
g0vvf

On Thursday, 27 August 2020, 07:18:51 BST, Reto HB9TRT <hb9trt@...> wrote:

Hi

I tried today the Zeus Software with Odyssey-2. It should be compatible, but I cat't start it I allways get "Device not found. Please check Ethernet connection.

I also ask Yan Alexeenko and he gave me the hint to start Zeus with the following parameters:

ZeusRadio.exe odyssey ip=192.168.2.160 control=Control_PortNUmber rx=RX_PortNUmber tx=TX_Portnumber

Which Ports uses the Odyssey 2?

Control_PortNumber: ?
RX_PortNumber: ?
TX_PortNumber: ?

vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David and David ;)

Thanks, Zeus works with your Help. I'll try it out. I'm searching for the SDR software with most usability. Thetis is good, but very slow on my NUC PC.
Maybe Yan can implement the Odyssey 2 directly to Zeus. I'll ask him maybe he has contacted you by email. I ask him why Zeus don't starts with ody settings. Now it's clear. Not compatible.
It's nice to have more than one firmware in the Ody. So I have 1.11 AOP in Slot3 and could do this Zeus/Hermes test !!

Thanks also to David g0vvf, I'll try it out and will report here.

vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Spark SDR seems to work also with Hermes protocol..right?

vy 73
Reto

David Turner

Hi Reto.

Works on my odyssey 1 (auto finds the ip address with Hermes, )I am using a pi4, Twister software.

Dave.
g0vvf

On Thursday, 27 August 2020, 19:42:46 BST, Reto HB9TRT <hb9trt@...> wrote:

Spark SDR seems to work also with Hermes protocol..right?

vy 73
Reto

Pego

Hello Reto,

Spark works - very good! With different frequencies an wspr e.g.

Peter

Reto HB9TRT <hb9trt@...> schrieb am Do., 27. Aug. 2020, 20:42:

Spark SDR seems to work also with Hermes protocol..right?

vy 73
Reto

Pego

Spark reads angelia .

Reto HB9TRT <hb9trt@...> schrieb am Do., 27. Aug. 2020, 20:42:

Spark SDR seems to work also with Hermes protocol..right?

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
The Odyssey-2 is fully supported by Zeus because  Odyssey-2 fully supports Hermes protocol.
Ody-2 also will work with every SDR program which works with old or new Hermes, Angelia, Anan hardware.

If you want to be full future SDR user, you have to have a powerful PC.

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David,

At the Moment I use an INtel NUC with i5 prozessor, 16GB Ram and M2 SSD. It works with Thetis, SDR Console, also with Zeus, SparkSDR.
Thetis Screen functions are a bit slow. The NUC is choosen by me because it should be small and finaly a part of the TRX in the Case. I use for test a chinese touch screen with 15.6" a bit too big for mounting in a box. I think 10" fits better.

Vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David

A question to the second ADC of the Odyssey 2

Is there a software which supports the feature you told about with 2 ADC?

cancel the receive local noise by phase computation
use phase calculation to change direction of receive

I couldn't check this until now, maybe wrong software settings. Or no software which has this feature.

Vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
PowerSDR and Tethis can do it. You can find on YouTube couple videos with this. Try "odyssey 2 " in the search field .

David Fainitski

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David

Thanks for the links. Very impressive and diversity seems to work fine.
I tried this yesterday, and if I press enable, rx1 stops working. Spectrum freezing and waterfall shows the last state. I have no idea why.

I'll send a Screenshot or video sequence tommorow.
Vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David,

No more tests needed, it works now. I made a mistake with the Antenna connections. Very impressive the diversity function with two ADC!
I tested in thetis.

vy 73
Reto