Topics

wsjt-x and Odyssey 2

Kurt Poulsen

Hi All
Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Marc olanie

Hi Kurt

I’m not a FT8/WSTJ-X user, and I don’t have any Odyssey transceiver. But all rigs belonging to the OpenHPSDR family have approximately the same behavior.

Did you try to install VB Cable

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Banana

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

or voicemeeter

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

?

These utilities can redirect any audio output to another software audio input and vice versa. In other words, everything going out from SDR-console/SDR-Radio or PowerSDR can be “plugged” on the FT8 audio input

The “audio plug” selection can be made in the “receive” tab, “option” icon, “device” branch of the new pop-up window

As you can see, the virtual audio cable input or any voicemeeter audio input can be selected in the “available playback” list.

In the QSTJ-X software,  audio configuration interface, you’ll have to choose the corresponding “VB Audio cable output” or “voicemeeter output” in you audio input listbox

… and exactly the same way for transmitting (WSTJ-X audio out should use a second “vb-audio input” and the other side of this cable will be “plugged” in the “mic input” of SDR-Console)

I wrote -sorry, in French- a kind of “Virtual cable for dummies” using a FreeDV software as digital modulator, and SDR Sharp or PowerSDR as main SDR client. But images speak by themselves.  The general logic approach is definitely the same with WSTJ-X an any kind of SDR client software

73’

Marc f6itu

Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Simon Brown

FWIW,

I’m getting the CAT support working properly with WSJT-X and will text on 40m this evening using the ANAN 10E and ‘Amplification’ 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Alex Malyava - K2BB

To answer your question - yes, it is possible. We were running FT8 using Odyssey 2 in 5R8UM Madagascar expedition.
How to do it - I have no idea, it was my friends radio and responsibility.
I remember that we were running PowerSDR, for FT8 - we started with JTDX and then switched to MSHV.
That's about it.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:27 AM Kurt Poulsen <kurt@...> wrote:
Hi All
Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Kurt Poulsen

Hi Simon

Great news. Looking forward to what the leads to 😊

Kind regards

Kurt

I’m getting the CAT support working properly with WSJT-X and will text on 40m this evening using the ANAN 10E and ‘Amplification’ 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Kurt Poulsen

Hi Marc

Nice to hear from you on this reflector

That is some good hints, thank you

Kind regards

Kurt

Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

Kurt Poulsen

Hi Alex

Thank for responding. I will see if PowerSDR work with my firmware version

Kind regards

Kurt

To answer your question - yes, it is possible. We were running FT8 using Odyssey 2 in 5R8UM Madagascar expedition.

How to do it - I have no idea, it was my friends radio and responsibility.

I remember that we were running PowerSDR, for FT8 - we started with JTDX and then switched to MSHV.

That's about it.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:27 AM Kurt Poulsen <kurt@...> wrote:

Hi All
Have anybody used the Ody 2 with wjst-x / FT8 and found a way to interface. I have only seen a possibility to use a second sound card (USB) and vox controlled operation.
I use SDR Console which work great with Ody2
Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU

David Fainitski

Hello, Kurt

Use Thetis, not PowerSDR

David.

Kurt Poulsen

Hi David

I already do, thank you.
I also fancy the SDR Console it work fine as well

Kind regards

Kurt