Topics

Wow! I bricked my Odyssey-2! :-(

Neoklis Kyriazis

Guess I should have expected it, fiddling with it too much...

Anyhow, I tried upgrading the original Ody-2 from AOP-1.10 to AOP-1.11 using HPSDRProgrammer. The firmware file was (apparently) uploaded OK but the the Odyssey would remain dead, would not power-on the next time I switched it on. It also did not respond after the "upgrade".

With my limited knowledge, I suspect the problem may be the original boot loader will not boot the new firmware. I was afraid that might happen but didn't expect the device to go completely dead.

So (David), is there a way to recover from the bricked state? Perhaps getting hold of the programmers and re-flashing the boot loader and firmware?

Thanks in advance for helping.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ

David Fainitski

Hello, Neoklis

That is funny.

Odyssey is power on now but OLED is clear because bootloader, MCU fw and the main FW are different.

Now you should use Altera Byteblaster programmer for return the main firmware to previous version.

Also, if you would have Pickit 3 programmer you could update MCU FW and use Bootloader 2.0 and the latest firmware.

Read my previous reply in other topic

David

David Fainitski

Sorry

This happened because you have destroyed  Bootloader in FPGA firmware.

The MCU wait for an answer from Bootloader but nothing receives.

You need restore old bootloader with  Altera Byte Blaster

David

Neoklis Kyriazis

OK David, thanks. I will get the gadgets and restore the device later.