Topics

The introducing to HFPU-100

David Fainitski

Hi people.
Finally, I can introduce you to an amplifier as a complete design.

I will draw a schematic and prepare a BOM in near future.

http://ody-sdr.com/2018/09/03/hfpu-100-the-amplifier-for-odyssey-2/

AA6I Stan

Will there be an assembled run of the amplifier offered ?

AA6I

David Fainitski

Hi.
I will try to assemble a couple pieces.
Now I drow schematic, it is important.

I want also to sell this amp that I have now and will try assembly another in doublesize case. I hope install the Odyssey and amp in one case together.

So if somebody want to buy this amp write me a message.

David

David Fainitski

The schematic of the Amp is ready

David Fainitski

Hello, Gerd
All the relays EA2-5NU
P-channel MOSFET an example NX2301P

David

dan edwards

beautiful, david; an rd16 driving a pair of rd100hf's in push-pull...nice!

73, w5xz, dan

David Fainitski

Hello, Dan
This is the simple solution that using now in IC7300, FT891 and other modern transceivers.

David

Reto HB9TRT

Edited

Hello David,

I ordered some PCB's from the HFPU-100 Amplifier and got a message from the pcb manufacturer, that there's an issue in the Board Layout.

The answer of the pcb manufacturer:
As shown below, indicated drill hole & trace seem abnormal, could u pls check it??

I also checked the Sprintlayout file. Looks similar.

Is that correct? Or should the whole be more in the senter of the pad? The connection between the rectangulare pad and the round (with off center whole) is correct?

EDIT: It seems to be ok, The PAD is only a mesure point I think.

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto
I don't see anything wrong.

Reto HB9TRT

Electrically all seems OK. But it could be, that the circle (5V Pad) was a bit moved to the right. The whole is off-center. I moved it back and all looks optical better. I think both variants will work.

Vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
The standard pitch 2.54mm should be over there to install connector pins. The pad is using to connect the wire on other board's side.

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David,

OK. This should be OK. I'll have a look to the schematics and other docs in github. I would like to build it for the Odyssey 2 system, including the tuner.

Vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David

Are there any information for the transformers using in this PA? I could not find any information on the GITHUB.

Are this Transformers self made? Or a product on the market? I mean T5 and T6.

T7 is made with T50-1 torrid (blue)?

T3 and T4 seems to be the double whole core.

And T1 and T2 don't exists?

Is there any Infos about calibration of the PA. For example calibration of the BIAS (RD100HHF1) or the preamp with RD16HHF1.

How good is the included Tuner on the PA? Is it possible to use the ATU-100EXT instead of the internal version?

Thanks for your answer and information.

Vy73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto
As you can see on the schematic, transformers have names RF400-43 and RF-100061.
Google this.

David Fainitski

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 03:22 PM, Reto HB9TRT wrote:
T7 is made with T50-1 torrid (blue)?
No, this is N87 core an example B64290L0658X087

YO3IUL

Hi Retro,
I have successfully used these ferrite tubes 2661540002 from Mouser for T6. For T5 I used this model: 2643006302
73,
Christian, de yo3iul

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David and Christian

Thanks for your hints. I'll look for the parts at Digikey and mouser.

The Transformers I found at CCI Dayton and the Final stage FETs at RF Parts.

Vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David

Do you have some more pictures of the PA (Board DF-08-18-USA)? The Pictures on the Github seems to be an earlier Version.

I have a question to T2 (Power Part): L1 and L2 how much windings are used there, I gues only 1, but I'm not sure.

Are there any informations about the wire diameter for the differend transformers and coils?

At the moment I started assembling of the PA board.

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto
I have added that info on the schematic, redownload it from GitHub.

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David,

This helps very much! Thanks! Maybe I have some other questions. But for the moment I'm able to assemble the board. I Wait for the transformers and Heatsink. All other parts are here now.
I have a bit a confusion about the BOM and the Board/Schematics. You have some L and C's in the BOM I can't find on the Board and also not on the Schematics. Maybe you have the answer for that,

vy 73
Reto