Topics

Off-topic Your MLA-30 antenna

IW2FDH

Hi, David,

only a question: what is the thickness of Your 2 pcbs MLA-30 antenna ? (0.8 or 1.6 mm?)

thanks in advance

Andrea IW2FDH

David Fainitski

Hello, Andrea.

There is new version of antenna, with special antinoise design and 3D printed housing.

https://github.com/Dfinitski/AML-30-V2

Standart thickness of PCB is 1.6mm

IW2FDH

Thanks !

Andrea IW2FDH

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David,

What you mean with "a Gap in sheats of Cable". I don't understand this part. But Your Antenna seems to be very interesting for Receiving low bands.

vy 73

Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto
I mean this:

Probably I have used wrong word "sheats".

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David,

Ahhh.. now it's clear, I thought about that, but was not sure. Cut the "Shield" of the coaxial cable. The distance of the "gap" is not essential?

I'll tray out this antenna. Because testing Odyssey RX... low bands.

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
Yes, shield !
A distance is not important but should be minimal using my 3d printed corners.

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David
Thanks again for your answer. I'll do that this way. Hope it will work.
Interesting small project again. And I think its not finished. I'll build also your 100W PA for completing the ody 2 system. :)

Vy73
Reto

David Fainitski

The schematic has been loaded:

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David

Thanks, now i checked the system. I'll try out your antenna. I'm very interested how good it works.

Vy 73
Reto