Topics

Ody II ANP 1.11 IP /Thetis configuration

Jan Verduyn

I am attempting to configure a new Ody II for a friend on a Windows 7 PC.  Despite many hours of trying this has not been successful.
This Ody II  has ANP 1.11 installed in slot 1 and when switching on it shows it's IP address is 192.168.2.160
The PC runs windows 7 OS. Software is Thetis v2.6.0.

A direct Ethernet cable connection between PC and Ody II is used.  The Ethernet adapter is configured for 100 Mbps  and link enabled.   LAN status shows that packets are being sent but no packets are being returned.
Thetis setup screen is configured  "Enabled Static IP Address"  "Anan-100D"  with IP address 192.168.2.160 entered.

When starting up Thetis  an error is shown  "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application"
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.
Changing Thetis configuration to "Use last IP address" and restarting Thetis shows

Pinging Ody's IP address gives response "unreachable network".
Can somebody please provide a screenshot what the correct configuration is for Thetis on Windows 7 for  ANP1.11.

 Many thanks  Jan

AA6I Stan

I just looked at mine as I also use Thetis. Mine is uses Anan 10E . I did a lot of fiddling to get mine going but as I recall I used a static address also on the PC adapter. You also need to be running at Gigabit speeds as I understand ODY II does not do 100Mbps .

AA6I

On 2/19/2019 2:43 PM, Jan Verduyn wrote:

[...]

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi

There is some information here that in general might be useful:

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ

David Fainitski

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 02:43 PM, Jan Verduyn wrote:
The Ethernet adapter is configured for 100 Mbps  and link enabled.
???
ANP firmware works only with Gigabit Ethernet.
TCP/IP V4 connection should be set to static IP 192.168.2.100 and mask by default 255.255.255.0

David

Jan Verduyn

David,

Thanks for our advice. It now works.

When reconfigured to your recommended settings for ANP 1.11 and with direct ethernet cable 1Gb ethernet works reliably on Windows 10 and Windows 7 Ps

ANP firmware works only with Gigabit Ethernet.
TCP/IP V4 connection should be set to static IP 192.168.2.100 and mask by default 255.255.255.0
unquote

Should the Static IP settings be the same for a second Ody II with ANP 1.10?

I am getting a reliable connection with  config set to  “Reuse last IP address” and “Network Watchdog” set

This Ody II - IP address is shown as  169.254.106.213  with IP4 connection IP address 169.254.207.146 and mask 255.255.0.0.
Does this make sense?

I ask this in case it would help other Ody II owners with ANP1.10.

73

Jan

David Fainitski

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:31 PM, Jan Verduyn wrote:
This Ody II - IP address is shown as  169.254.106.213
Hello, Jan

This IP is show on ODY OLED display while starting ?
So you did programmed this IP Odyssey earlier, the default IP is 192.168.2.160
For direct connection to PC no sense to change the default IP
Only if you use LAN switch and you are forced to use specific IP for other devices.

David