Topics

Ody II ANP 1.11 IP problem

Kurt Poulsen

After having enjoyed my new Ody 2 for a week with both OpenHPSDR Thetis and SDR Console v.3.06 both with RX and TX functioning I suddenly experience the none of the two application can initiate the radio. Switching power on Ody 2 reports ANP 1.11 and IP 192.168.2.160 and trying to ping 192.168.2.160 from a command prompt I get the message "Reply from 192.168.2.100: Destination host unreachable" but also the 4 packet sent and 4  packets received Lost=0 (I use CAT6 LAN cable between PC and Ody 2 and as said it worked earlier to day  with my fixed IP pc at 192.168.2.200 I just changed  to 192.168.2.100 to see if it made any change.

So a good hint what to do is appreciated

Kind regards
Kurt de OZ7OU 

David Fainitski

Hello, Kurt

The IP address was reset to zero and I don't know why at this moment.

Bootloader starts with the default IP 192.168.2.160 but for working firmwares zero IP meaning that DHCP is enabled.

For resolve this problem run your Odyssey in bootloader mode and change IP address with the Bootloader_2.0.pyw program (Python 2.xx needed)

You should change the IP even if you use default 192.168.2.160 IP address. Just rewrite it.

Will look forward to news.

David

Kurt Poulsen

Hello David

Thank for a prompt reply. How do I run the Odyssey in Bootloader mode 😊

Kind regards

Kurt

Fra: ody-sdr@groups.io <ody-sdr@groups.io> På vegne af David Fainitski
Sendt: 21. marts 2019 04:32
Til: ody-sdr@groups.io
Emne: Re: [ody-sdr] Ody II ANP 1.11 IP problem

Hello, Kurt

The IP address was reset to zero and I don't know why at this moment.

Bootloader starts with the default IP 192.168.2.160 but for working firmwares zero IP meaning that DHCP is enabled.

For resolve this problem run your Odyssey in bootloader mode and change IP address with the Bootloader_2.0.pyw program (Python 2.xx needed)

You should change the IP even if you use default 192.168.2.160 IP address. Just rewrite it.

Will look forward to news.

David

David Fainitski

Hello, Kurt
Connect headphones to KEY connector and turn a power on.
bootloader 2.0 should indicate on the display all the time
after that the default IP will be valid.

David

Kurt Poulsen

Hi David

Thank you, the Odyssey run alright in Bootloader mode, but to get the Bootloader_2.0.pyw up and running is quite a challenge. The Python 2.3.5 installed (windows installer version) but clocking on the Bootloader_2.0.pyw does not get it to start. Opening with Pythonw dos not help either. What is the catch. Sorry I am a window guy so a bit helpless

Kind regards

Kurt

Sendt: 21. marts 2019 15:06

Hello, Kurt

David

Kurt Poulsen

Hello David

Problem solved. You wrote Python 2.xx needed but it is Phyton 2.7.x which is needed. I noticed in you document about the boot loaded was written in Phyton 2.7.h so that got my “brain to tick”. The windows installer for Phyton 2.7.8 was the one I used and the everything went smooth the Odyssey 2 wat found clicking on test and the default IP programmed subsequently successfully.
I have maybe a hint why the fault happened. I probably did not disconnected the Odyssey 2 via the center key on the microphone or the power on/switch on the radio but abruptly took the AC power to the 220V AC to 12V DC adaptor.

Thank you for your support David to get me “back in space”.

By the way.. what is the nominal / max input voltage for ADC1 and ADC2 as I want to make a SWR/Power detector like the one you have in the HFPU-100 PA stage

Kind regards

Kurt

Sendt: 21. marts 2019 15:06

Hello, Kurt

David

David Fainitski

Hello, Kurt

3.3 Votls is full scale.

For power 100 Watt and less just copy the schematic HFPU-100.

David