Topics

No ethernet on ody 2

Pego

Hello,

I cannot get ethernet contact to my ody 2. Display shows IP adress 192.168.2.160 and bootloader 2.1. My PC has IP 192.168.2.100 . It seems not to have 125 Mhz. But c1 c2 measures 125 Mhz. 25 Mhz and 10 Mhz are also on the board.

I need tips or ideas to solve my problem.

Thanks!

Peter, DG2NPE

Pego

Hello,

I'm Peter, DG2NPE, building an ody 2.

Pcb is ready, display shows IP 192.168.2.160.
Four LEDs are blinking , with headset connected olny nr. 2.
Oszillators 10 Mhz, 25 Mhz, 125 Mhz are ok, but my ody has no connect ( to several PCs) with 192.168.2.100. It is not possible to program with the python bootloader.
The KSZ9031RN seems not to have 125 Mhz.

If anybody has ideas solving the issue i'll be lucky and grateful.

Peter

YO3IUL

Hello Peter, is the PC network card set to 1GB?

Christian, de yo3iul

Pego <pegosam3@...> schrieb am So., 23. Aug. 2020, 17:48:

Hello,

I'm Peter, DG2NPE,  building an ody 2.

 Pcb is ready, display shows IP 192.168.2.160.
Four LEDs are blinking , with headset connected olny nr. 2.
Oszillators 10 Mhz, 25 Mhz, 125 Mhz are ok, but my ody has no connect ( to several PCs) with 192.168.2.100. It is not possible to program with the python bootloader.
The KSZ9031RN seems not to have 125 Mhz.

If anybody has ideas solving the issue i'll be lucky and grateful.

Peter

Reto HB9TRT

Maybe the ody is not in Bootloader mode.. Headset not plugged in Key plug...

David Fainitski

Hello, Peter
If you are meassuring 125 MHz so it is, KSZ9031 is a source of 125 MHz.
It seems you dont understand how to use the Bootloader 2.0
Please describe how exact LEDs is blinking.

Pego

Hello David,

Thanks for answering. After switching on, four LEDs are blinking always - same time. Frequency ca 2 sec.
Switching it in bootloader Modus- with headset in - blinks only the second one frequency ca 1 sec.
Using a notebook 1 gb ethernet card with win 10 and IP 192.168.2.100.
Using an old xp notebook 100 MB ethernet card the second led in bootloader mode lights always. But no contact pinging 192.168.2.160.
Excuse me, maybe I didn't understand the programming procedure right.
But I' m interested to solving my problem.

Thanks for helping an tipps!

73 Peter

David Fainitski <rolin791@...> schrieb am Mo., 24. Aug. 2020, 04:58:

Hello, Peter
If you are meassuring 125 MHz so it is, KSZ9031 is a source of 125 MHz.
It seems you dont understand how to use the Bootloader 2.0
Please describe how exact LEDs is blinking.

David Fainitski

Hello, Peter.
Please read carefully starting here. The same thing
https://groups.io/g/ody-sdr/message/834

Pego

Hello David,

Thanks for helping!

I changed the resistor network- no short. Starting the ody with network cable ( green led lights, orange led blinks) led nr 2 flickers, is lighting ca 3-4 sec, then flickers again.

Laptops shows a unknown network .

73 Peter

David Fainitski <rolin791@...> schrieb am Mo., 24. Aug. 2020, 17:47:

Hello, Peter.
Please read carefully starting here. The same thing
https://groups.io/g/ody-sdr/message/834

David Fainitski

Hello, Peter
LED 1 should to blink with 1 second period, LED 2 should to glow continuously.
Connect board and PC with a short quality gigabit LAN cable directly to the LAN card, don't use a switch.

Pego

Hello David,

I use a cat 6 direct cabel and 1gb ethernet notebook and I'm exploring my fault . ..
Led nr 2 blinks constantly .
Maybe, I find the reason.
Thanks for Your tipps!

73, Peter

David Fainitski <rolin791@...> schrieb am Di., 25. Aug. 2020, 15:59:

Hello, Peter
LED 1 should to blink with 1 second period, LED 2 should to glow continuously.
Connect board and PC with a short quality gigabit LAN cable directly to the LAN card, don't use a switch.

Reto HB9TRT

Could this be the problem?

vy 73
Reto

Pego

Hello David,

Found my fault.  4,7 k next to the 4,7k array..... it was a condensator. Now the pcb is alive !!

The problem sat in front of the ody .
Great thanks for Your help!

Grateful!

Peter