Topics

New firmware 1.20 ANP for Thetis 2.6.7

David Fainitski

Edited

Hello, people.
There is new firmware based on the latest 12.0 firmware for Angelia (K5SO is autor).
It should to work fine with new version of Thetis 2.6.7

Link for downloading Thetis - https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Thetis/releases

Unfortunually, ATU control still does not work in this version too.

Thetis does not set General Packet byte 58 bit 1 when you push down Tune button in Thetis.

The Tune signal was commented in K5SO verilog code.

So as is. I can not to do nothing with this.

Tell me know if you will find mistakes. This is only beta version.

David

David Fainitski

Sorry, rbf file is here

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David

I tried to connect ody 2 by Thetis over Lan. I mean over a switch. So I changed the ip address to my office subnet and give ody a new ip.

I get no connect with thetis but it works well with sdr console (anan100D).

I changed the address in the thetis database to the new address I set to the ody2.

I get no error like "device not found" or similar. It starts and stops a few seconds later.

Vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David,

Yeasterday I get it work for a few times. Also over WLAN. With ANAN10. But today it don't works anymore... I have to figure out what this could be. SDR Console works everytime I start it.

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
I don't know what is this, but obviously Tethis is not working good. I would try older versions of that.

Reto HB9TRT

Hello David,

Yes, I also recogniced, that thetis crashes after 1 hour or so also in peer-to-peer mode (Odyssey directly attached to the PC). After a restart it works again für 1 or 2 hours.

SDR Console works stable. But has not all possible functions for the Ody2, i think.

vy 73
Reto

Isaac

Reto,

Try Thetis 2.7.0. To install it do the following:

I am using this version with Ody-2 and it works OK. You can the join the discussion in https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3345&sid=862ca30b765d11f7fb09c1a98474d055&start=90 and read it for yourself. Richie has done a lot of work on Thetis and fixed quite a few problems since 2.6.7. Unfortunately, he retired from working on it and for now nobody has undertaken the job yet.

If you have questions you are welcome to ask.

73 Isaac 4Z1AO

Yes, I also recogniced, that thetis crashes after 1 hour or so also in peer-to-peer mode (Odyssey directly attached to the PC). After a restart it works again für 1 or 2 hours.

SDR Console works stable. But has not all possible functions for the Ody2, i think.

vy 73
Reto

Reto HB9TRT

Hi Isaac

Thank you for the detailed description. I'll try it out the next days and will report my experiences.

I try to operate the ody2 in my network, not with a peer to peer connection (this works). In network, the actual installed version have troubles.

Vy73
Reto