I learned the Python for a few weeks and thanks to this I was able make useful changes in my favorite programm - the QUISK.
What I have done:
1) Changed the principle of calibration S-meter, now S-meter is tied to the scale of decibels, then there's now indications decibels are correct.
In addition, the value considers also an attenuator / amplifier, so that the C-meter always shows the correct level of the signal given to the antenna input.
Calibration is performed as before, specifying the required value correct_smeter parameter in the configuration file, either from your radio in the program menu. The only difference - the calibration value is now given in decibels rather than in S-scale values.
2) Added a CAT control system that is compatible with the instruction set of the transceiver Kenwood TS590S.
Supports setting mode, frequency, state of the transmit / receive in both directions, from the log in Quisk and from its to the log.
For the COM port settings, write the following lines in the config file:
#CAT settings, defaults parameter speed 9600, Parity - none, Stopbits - One, bytesize - 8,
#Commands in according to TS-590S by Kenwood
CAT_port = 'COM10'
CAT_DEBUG = False
You will also need an additional package for Python called pyserial, you can easy find and install its, ask to Google.
This port allows you to control of the RX/TX(PTT) only using CAT commands.
3) Added an additional port to control the RX/TX(PTT) and CW manipulation from a logger. To configure adding the following line in the config file:
#PTT to QUISK trough CTS, CW to QUISK trough DSR (RTS and DTR signals on other side of virtual #cabel)
PTT_port = 'COM12'
PTT_DEBUG = False
In CW mode, except for the PTT control, it is possible to form the CW using the program itself. Unfortunately, at this time, the signal is not formed rise / fall, so use this option only for testing.
4) Added automatic level control when drawing the waterfall. Also, applying a special formula to calculate levels by which a waterfall drawn much better. Slider Yz, as usually, controls the brightness, slider Ys controls of contrast of the image.
5) Fixed a bug when zooming panorama expressed in incorrect display of the panorama, when zooming, when the filter is close to the edge of the pan. This mistake had to be corrected, as it disrupts the automatic adjustment of the waterfall.
6) Added an ability to toggle the three available palettes waterfall with the hot button right on the fly. Three variants of palettes, as you know, are available in your Radio options in this version of QUISK, where you can adjust how the palette will be enabled by default.
In order for this function to work, you must assign a hot key in the configuration file:
# Waterfall palette control key
hot_key_pal = ord('P')
You can change the color palette also in the configuration file, the first palette has a name
waterfallPallette, second and third waterfallPalletteB and waterfallPalletteC.
To make use of the changed program, install as usual the Quisk of version 4.1.3 and replace quisk.py file from C: \ Python27 \ Lib \ site-packages \ quisk on the same file from the archive. The archive also contains my configuration files, which you can use to easily start if it is needed. Put both files in the My Documents folder.
Enjoy with the QUISK !
Best regards, David Fainitski
Please, redownload the file, the problem of large CPU load resolved here.
Some changes and bugfixes.