Topics

First look on Odyssey-II

David Fainitski

Leo Goto

Hi David,

I am looking forward to the completion of Odyssey 2.

Odyssey is completed a little more. Each power supply is OK. Firmware write end. I am waiting for the arrival of Ethernet connector.

Leo

David Fainitski

Hi Leo.

Good job !

Ethernet connector and VGA connector you can find on Digi-Key.

One question - where did you do housing CNC milling ?

Best regards,

David Fainitski

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David

Nice to know you are progressing with Ody-II.

I would like to know what it would take to write a home-brew SDR transceiver application, e.g. the API or Communication protocols. I presume an extension on the HPSDR standards?

Thanks!

Neoklis

Leo Goto

Hi David,

Thank you.
Ether connector is not available Digikey and Mouser.
  Digikey : minimum quantity 5000 and not stock.
  Mouser : I already order in May but delivery date in Sep.
But I found Arrow.com recently.

I am using a Laser making. And hand drilling.

Thanks, Leo

HPSDR (old) protocol is support, HiqSDR protocol with extentions.

Use HPSDR protocol.

73!

David Fainitski

Odyssey-II now works with 1Gbit Ethernet and new OpenHPSDR protocol.

Receiver's sensivity, MDS500   -134dBm, BDR 114.8dB, RMDR 122dB

Brian

How to purchase when development complete....Kickstarter as before?

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David

Can it receive VLF? (20-80kHz)?

Neoklis 5B4AZ

David Fainitski

Hello.

Yes, Kickstarter. Will be able to order one- and two- channels transceiver and also bare boards for DIY.

Best regards.

David Fainitski

Hello, Neoklis.

Transformers, that used in Odyssey are working normally from 500k - 1MHz, so the best solution for thoose frequences - simple soundcard SDR.

Best regards.