Topics

AML-30

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David,

I built the AML-30 Antenna, without success at the Moment. I think there's something wrong and I have to check it. What is the current, de AMP consumes if the antenna is powered on? I measur something like 10 to 15mA. Could be realistic, if yes, than I think the AMP works.
I guess I have to search the problem at the SMD transformers. Maybe solder problem.

vy 73
Reto

David Fainitski

Hello, Reto.
For test the amp, touch each the input ports with a screwdriver, the signal streight should be identical.
The SMD transformers can not to be soldered with hot air. If some drop of flux will be appeared on wire, a transformer wil die after heating.
Only manual soldering with minimum flux using.

Reto HB9TRT

Hi David,

Thanks for the Input. I'll check this. I solder the transformers by iron and with some flux. But it could be that the solderwork is not perfect.
DO you think that the currend of arround 15mA is ok? Or shud it be more? So I could have a chance that the AMP works and the problem is on another place. Maybe the transformers.

vy 73
Reto