The Odyssey-2 and 50W PA go on DX-pedition to Madagascar !

David Fainitski

Alex K2BB and his friend Paul UU0JR will be active as 5R8R from Nosy Be Island (IOTA AF-057), Madagascar during November 19-29, 2018

They are planning to have typical 160-10m CW/SSB/Digi dx-pedition activity and participate in CQ WW CW contest in multi-single category, maybe multi-two if we have enough operators...

They will have 2 stations...
Radios, so far: Kenwood TS-590, Icom IC-7300, Elecraft KX3 just in case, Odyssey 2 SDR for fun, one radio will have Elecraft KPA-500 amplifier, second station will be 100W
Antennas, so far: 2 verticals covering 160-80-40-30m, a Spiderbeam for 20...10m and possibly a Beverage if we have enough space for it.

He also invites other radio amateurs to join in this trip.

https://dx-world.net/5r8r-madagascar/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209639427662170&set=a.1869227150086&type=3&theater

David Fainitski

The Odyssey-2 works right now from Madagascar with 5R8UM callsign   !

https://5r8-2018.com/

David Fainitski

A few fotos and video of the past Madagascar DX-pedition 5R8

Alex K2BB

Odyssey SDR and HFPU-100

Operator Paul UU0JR

https://youtu.be/SONjcJOencg

Uwe Cappeller <uwe.cappeller@...>

Hi,

I would like to build or buy the HFPU-100 for my Odyssey2. From where can I get PCB's or a kit?

73, Uwe DJ3FV

David Fainitski

Hello, Uwe.
I have some boards but they have some mistakes of silk and copper.

You can order boards on jlcpcb.com
Gerbers and source for Sprint Layout 6 here.

The schematic you can find here https://easyeda.com/rolin791/HFPU-100

David

Uwe Cappeller <uwe.cappeller@...>

Hello David,

much appreciated! Thank you for providing the gerber files. Currently we are preparing to build the odyssey2+HFPU-100+ATU-100 in a team project in my forum https://www.sdr-tulipan-dl.de/.

73, Uwe DJ3FV

Uwe Cappeller

Hello David,

happy new year!
Thank you for providing the gerber files.

I have question in regards to rx/tx switch. The Odyssey2 doesn't provide a rx/tx switch, correct? The HFPU-100 does have everything on board to take over this task or does it need a external switch? You wrote this on you homepage (HFPU-100:'This device is intended to be used in conjunction with the Odyssey-2 transceiver and offers all the necessary functionality to complete the work on the air.') but I would like to be on the safe side and asking before I complete my concept and housing for the complete trx.

73, Uwe DJ3FV

Am 28.12.18 um 00:51 schrieb David Fainitski:

Hello, Uwe.
I have some boards but they have some mistakes of silk and copper.

You can order boards on jlcpcb.com
Gerbers and source for Sprint Layout 6 here.

The schematic you can find here https://easyeda.com/rolin791/HFPU-100

David

David Fainitski

Hello, Uwe
Probably you did not see the schematic yet. Check this before assembling.
HFPU-100 provides a possibility to connect 2 different antennas.

David