Topics

[ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Firmware with support the old openHPSDR protocol for Odyssey-2

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David,

Your website is not working.
Thanks for telling me this. I can open it here locally but I will check it out.

All those based on simple UDP connection. You should learn also what is direct
and nondirect broadcast packet.
Thanks David.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ

David Fainitski

Hello, Neoklis

Your website is not working.

All those based on simple UDP connection. You should learn also what is direct and nondirect broadcast packet.

Best regards

David Fainitski

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hi David

Thanks for keeping us informed. I would like to take the opportunity to
ask here about the communication protocols or API that is used to control
odyssey etc via Ethernet. I like to write my own software for linux as a
hobby and have written some apps that work with SDR receivers (rtl-sdr,
sdrplay and perseus), but these are via a usb interface. You can see my
efforts here: http://www.5b4az.org/

I though have little knowledge of ethernet comms so I would like to know
what system is used to connect with odyssey. Is it sockets? or some other
system? I would like to know so I can get started studying and hopefully
manage to learn enought to handle an odyssey sdr or similar!

Thank you.