Topics

[ody-sdr.yahoo.com] Re: Setting up Odyssey [1 Attachment]

Les Keppie <leskep@...>

Hi David

All working now - thank you - no way to put an antenna to it yet but a paper clip gets me the local bcst stn hi

Now to wait for some SMA  cables to connect it up to the system - Monday I think for the cables

Many thanks
Les

On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:07:47 +1000, rolin791@... [ody-sdr] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from rolin791@... [ody-sdr] included below]

Hello, Les

You need to set Ethernet connecttion to static IP 192.168.2.100 look the pic
In PowerSDR you need set Odyssey's IP 192.168.2.160 or don't need set anything. PowerSDR can search Odyssey automatic.

ZeusRadio still avalaible here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Lv4G/zg3CrhUow

Les Keppie <leskep@...>

Hi David

Some questions regarding hooking up a mic to Ody

Is mic socket mono or stereo?

What would be the best type of mic to use with it - what are you using?

I would assume that a set of powered computer speakers will work ok from the phones socket

Les VK2DSG

On Wed, 18 May 2016 20:18:57 +1000, Les Keppie wrote:

Hi David

All working now - thank you - no way to put an antenna to it yet but a paper clip gets me the local bcst stn hi

Now to wait for some SMA  cables to connect it up to the system - Monday I think for the cables

Many thanks
Les

On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:07:47 +1000, rolin791@... [ody-sdr] wrote:

[Attachment(s) from rolin791@... [ody-sdr] included below]

Hello, Les

You need to set Ethernet connecttion to static IP 192.168.2.100 look the pic
In PowerSDR you need set Odyssey's IP 192.168.2.160 or don't need set anything. PowerSDR can search Odyssey automatic.

ZeusRadio still avalaible here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Lv4G/zg3CrhUow

Hello, Les

Mic connector is simple stereo, but using only first contact.
You can use a simple computer's headset, headphone + microphone.

 The Connection active speakers to the phone's connector is a bad idea.
Use these connectors for connection headset and use your simple computer's speakers for loudsound.