Fra: ody-sdr@groups.io <ody-sdr@groups.io> På vegne af Marc olanie
Sendt: 1. april 2019 16:15
Til: ody-sdr@groups.io
Emne: Re: [ody-sdr] wsjt-x and Odyssey 2

Hi Kurt

I’m not a FT8/WSTJ-X user, and I don’t have any Odyssey transceiver. But all rigs belonging to the OpenHPSDR family have approximately the same behavior.

Did you try to install VB Cable

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Banana

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

or voicemeeter

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

?

These utilities can redirect any audio output to another software audio input and vice versa. In other words, everything going out from SDR-console/SDR-Radio or PowerSDR can be “plugged” on the FT8 audio input

The “audio plug” selection can be made in the “receive” tab, “option” icon, “device” branch of the new pop-up window

As you can see, the virtual audio cable input or any voicemeeter audio input can be selected in the “available playback” list.

In the QSTJ-X software,  audio configuration interface, you’ll have to choose the corresponding “VB Audio cable output” or “voicemeeter output” in you audio input listbox

… and exactly the same way for transmitting (WSTJ-X audio out should use a second “vb-audio input” and the other side of this cable will be “plugged” in the “mic input” of SDR-Console)

I wrote -sorry, in French- a kind of “Virtual cable for dummies” using a FreeDV software as digital modulator, and SDR Sharp or PowerSDR as main SDR client. But images speak by themselves.  The general logic approach is definitely the same with WSTJ-X an any kind of SDR client software

73’

Marc f6itu