Wow! I bricked my Odyssey-2! :-(

Neoklis Kyriazis

Guess I should have expected it, fiddling with it too much...

Anyhow, I tried upgrading the original Ody-2 from AOP-1.10 to AOP-1.11 using HPSDRProgrammer. The firmware file was (apparently) uploaded OK but the the Odyssey would remain dead, would not power-on the next time I switched it on. It also did not respond after the "upgrade".

With my limited knowledge, I suspect the problem may be the original boot loader will not boot the new firmware. I was afraid that might happen but didn't expect the device to go completely dead.

So (David), is there a way to recover from the bricked state? Perhaps getting hold of the programmers and re-flashing the boot loader and firmware?

Thanks in advance for helping.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ