Re: Odyssey-2 in Linux, some progress

Neoklis Kyriazis

Hello, Neoklis
Hello David

According to openHPSDR protocol, programs will search Odyssey with
non-direction broadcast packets and this will not to work trough Wi-Fi
and non-Wi-Fi routers.
Well, actually for me it worked the other way round: I have the Ody as it
was shipped, with the AOP 1.10 firmware and I could not get it to work with
a direct connection to my PC. Of course it could have been my mistakes to
blame. But when I connected the Ody to my ISP's router, I was able to access
Ody with the HPSDRProgrammer_v2_nopcap and gave Ody the default static
IP of 192.168.2.160. I could also access Ody with both ghpsdr and linhpsdr, via
the router and through the WIFI connection of my PC to the router.

Now with the static IP I was able to access Ody with the ping command, after
I followed your instructions: I gave the PC's Ethernet port a static IP of
192.168.2.100/24 and 100Mb/Full Duplex setting. ping 192.168.2.160 now
works well but the other apps don't discover Ody. I think ping works because
I specify the IP address but other apps have to do discovery and this is where
I have the problem, I don't know what else I have to do to make discovery
work over the direct Ethernet connection.

Anyhow, I have learned a few things about LANs at least!

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ