Re: Odyssey-2 on Linux

Sid Boyce

e.g in Ubuntu ... You can try configuring a static IP address to the Ethernet port using the GUI, something I have not tried.

Connect the cat6 cable.

"ifconfig -a" should show the interface name, e.g eth0 and if you want it on e.g 192.168.10 subnet

sudo ip addr add 192.168.10.0/24 dev eth0

sudo ip link set dev eth0 up

Then I ran ./HPSDRProgrammer_web and wrote the IP address in the browser.

This is what I did for my ODY-2 fromĀ  a laptop where the Ethernet port was not connected or configured.

73 ... Sid.

On 07/02/2019 17:28, Volker Debus via Groups.Io wrote:
Try setting the Ethernet speed of your PC NIC to 100MBit (fixed). That helped me using Windows as OS.

Neoklis Kyriazis via Groups.Io <nkcyham=yahoo.com@groups.io> schrieb am 12:11 Donnerstag, 7.Februar 2019:

I run mine on a gigabit switch. You can assign a static IP address
https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Protocol2-Programmers/releases
HPSDRProgrammer_web_v0.2.7_linux.tar.gz
I tried it but it also doesn't talk to the Odyssey. I changed the Ethernet
cable too, to a Cat 6 to be sure but it makes no difference.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Ethernet and networking so I am
finding it difficult to troubleshoot. Here is what I have found out so far:

The firmware in my Odyssey is the original AOP 1.10.

If I disable dhcp, ifconfig only reports the lo local interface. Don't know if
this means that Ody doesn't have a static IP address?

If I run dhcpcd, ifconfig reports Ody's Ethernet connection with an IP address
of 169.254.169.245 so presumably there is some communication with Ody?

I am not sure, is the Odyssey-2 in its original "factory" condition as sold, ready
to work or should I be loading FPGA firmware each time I want to use it?

Pardon my ignorance! and thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ