Re: Odyssey-2 on Linux

Steven Wilson

Nick,

I have never gotten the direct connection to work - even with the Static IP assignment to the ODY2.

Maybe Sid has other experience??  (Hi Sid!!!)

I run my system into a switch which is also attached to a router that has a DHCP master.  The ODY2 originally had an issue with DHCP - so I assigned a static IP.. and it has remained that way for over a year.  My system gets its IP address from the DHCP master. It then can route packets to the same switch as the ODY2 is attached and they see each other as they are in the same sub-net.

I have done an experiment where I gave my Windows system a static IP and direct connected to the ODY2. Didn't work.

Steve

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 3:11 AM Neoklis Kyriazis via Groups.Io <nkcyham=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>I run mine on a gigabit switch. You can assign a static IP address
>https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Protocol2-Programmers/releases
>HPSDRProgrammer_web_v0.2.7_linux.tar.gz
I tried it but it also doesn't talk to the Odyssey. I changed the Ethernet
 cable too, to a Cat 6 to be sure but it makes no difference.

Unfortunately I have no experience with Ethernet and networking so I am
finding it difficult to troubleshoot. Here is what I have found out so far:

The firmware in my Odyssey is the original AOP 1.10.

If I disable dhcp, ifconfig only reports the lo local interface. Don't know if
this means that Ody doesn't have a static IP address?

If I run dhcpcd, ifconfig reports Ody's Ethernet connection with an IP address
of 169.254.169.245 so presumably there is some communication with Ody?

I am not sure, is the Odyssey-2 in its original "factory" condition as sold, ready
to work or should I be loading FPGA firmware each time I want to use it?

Pardon my ignorance! and thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ